explorernews.com on Facebook
- Video Gallery
- Special Sections
With about 100 present on Aug. 20, the Marana Chamber of Commerce hosted the annual awards luncheon aimed at celebrating local business achievement.
1. Israel says it will hold fire in most of Gaza for seven hours
1. Israel accepts an Egyptian cease-fire deal, but Hamas rejects it
1. Germany beats Argentina in World Cup final
1. Obama taps former Procter & Gamble chief to run Veterans Affairs
1. Cochran holds off a Tea Party challenge in Mississippi
1. Kerry says Maliki will form a new Iraqi government
1. Bergdahl returns to the U.S.
Last week, more than 700 Marana and Mountain View students started a new chapter in their lives.
1. Ukraine's new leader hammers rebels while promising diplomacy
The La Cañada/Magee Neighborhood Association, Inc, a duly registered 501(c)4 organization serving the northwest area of Pima County will hold its spring semiannual meeting on
(CNN) -- Police cars and fire trucks surrounded Jefferson County Open School in Colorado Monday, as hazmat crews decontaminated students outside -- spraying them down, fully clothed, in cordoned-off sections under a blue tent.
I don’t know about yours, but my Facebook news feed was abuzz with SB1062 (or, what has been dubbed Arizona’s legalized prejudice bill) news this week. Locals and out-of-state friends alike weighed in with opinions on the highly controversial bill, some with insightful commentary and others with unfounded rants either in favor or opposition of. The topic saturated news and social media channels on both a local and national level. Which is why I wasn’t the least bit surprised when two of my teenage daughters brought up the topic for conversation at home.
James Raymond Lytle – “Emerald Jim”
1. U.N. withdraws Iran's invitation to Syria peace negotiations
Several gatherings and tributes are planned over the next month in observance of the three-year anniversary of the Tucson shooting that left six dead and 13 injured, including former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, on Jan. 8, 2011.
1. Obama signs defense bill
1. Obama reassures Netanyahu about Iran nuclear deal
1. Suicide bombers target Iran's embassy in Lebanon