explorernews.com on Facebook
- Video Gallery
- Special Sections
Prop 217 is just another way to pass the cost of new development onto the taxpayer.
Pima County Recorder F. Ann Rodriguez would like to remind Pima County voters that the deadline to order a ballot to be sent to your home is fast approaching. All vote-by-mail ballot requests must be received by the Recorder’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 15, 2014.
Why are you running for Town Council?
Oro Valley Town Councilman Joe Hornat feels there are some things that aren’t done yet, in his mind, and is seeking reelection to see those things come to fruition.
During the past four years, Oro Valley Town Councilwoman Mary Snider has enjoyed the quality of lifestyle that her and her councilmembers have helped shape, and in seeking reelection, she would like to see that way of life continue.
The Oro Valley Town Council directed the town’s staff to look into areas where and how it can expand its Economic Expansion Zone (EEZ) throughout the town.
1. Couple shouting "revolution!" kills three in Las Vegas
1. G-7 leaders show support for Ukraine at Brussels summit
Each of the four Oro Valley Town Council incumbents are all seeking reelection, along with a challenger to the three council seats, and one challenger for mayor.
1. Obama joins 9/11 survivors and kin for museum ceremony
At the midpoint of the year - on July 1 - the Mountain Vista Fire District will become what it calls “fully operational” by adding 33 firefighters to its full time staff.
NATO vowed Wednesday to toughen its military presence in Eastern Europe in response to Russian aggression in Ukraine.
1. ObamaCare website buckles under last minute pressure
1. ObamaCare enrollment deadline arrives
1. The White House says 6 million have signed up for ObamaCare insurance
1. Likely death toll from mudslide rises to 24
1. Obama will reportedly push to end NSA bulk phone surveillance
1. Western leaders join forces to counter Russia's power play
Brussels (CNN) -- Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk signed the political elements of a trade pact with the European Union on Friday, even as Russian lawmakers finalized annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region.
1. Ukraine moves to pull soldiers out of Crimea
Russian President Vladimir Putin tore into the U.S. and its allies over the Ukraine crisis on Tuesday, criticizing "Western exceptionalism” that sees itself as “always right.”
1. Putin, defying the U.S., starts the process of annexing Crimea
1. Crimea votes to leave Ukraine and join Russia
The Marana Town Council approved a measure to acquire the top portion of a $60,000 freeway monument sign near the interchange of Interstate 10 and Marana Road on during the March 4 regular meeting.
“Exciting” is the word used by Marana Town Manager Gilbert Davidson to describe the approaching 2014 calendar year as the town continues to trend in the right direction following the nation’s hard-hitting 2008 recession.