A listing of area sports, recreation and outdoor activities.
Wednesday, Aug. 13
• Ladies can register now for the upcoming season of Marana’s first professional women’s football team — The Marana SheDevils! Sign up at Foothills Mall’s SportsZone location for September tryouts, or call 449-3086 for more information.
• The Sonoran Desert Weedwackers uproot buffelgrass during midweek sessions, as well. Bring hiking gear, water and snacks, and help preserve the desert’s flora. Details: 6 to 9 a.m.; Pima County Tucson Mountain Park, 2020 N. Kinney Road, at caretaker’s house across from Desert Museum; free for ages 12 and older; RSVP to 615-7855 or e-mail email@example.com.
Thursday, Aug. 14
• Stay fit with Women’s Workout classes that involve games, obstacles and old-fashioned basic exercises. Burn calories and meet people! Details: 6 to 7 p.m.; Continental Reserve Park, 8568 N. Continental Reserve loop; $45 monthly for Marana residents, $56 for non-residents; for more information, call 382-1950.
Friday, Aug. 15
• Cool off and discover aquatic fun with water polo! The Monday/Wednesday/Friday lessons include equipment and welcome all skill levels. Free drop-in games follow Friday sessions. Details: 6:30 to 7:10 p.m.; Oro Valley Municipal Pool, 23 W. Calle Concordia; $20; for more information, call 297-5279.
Sunday, Aug. 17
• Members of the Oro Valley Mixed Doubles Tennis Group seek a few good backhands. Details: 7:30 a.m.; $5 ball fee every 10 weeks; Ironwood Ridge High School tennis courts, 2475 W. Naranja Drive; for more information, call 575-0829.