(BPT) - What could be better than experiencing a new, exciting place with your children, grandchildren and other family members? Sharing those experiences with other families! Traveling in a group that includes multiple families can vastly enrich the travel experience, build cultural bridges and give everyone in your family a chance to make new connections and gain fresh perspective.
While traveling with family can be life-changing, it can also be challenging. Many families turn to tour groups like Tauck to take care of the legwork related to booking hotels, sightseeing, on-tour transportation and special entertainment. Group tours cater to a broad range of demographics, from couples to singles and multi-generational family travelers. If you want the experience of traveling with other families, it’s important to book a tour that’s designed to bring families together from all over the country.
Tauck’s Bridges itineraries are specifically designed for families, and bring travelers together with other families of like-minded grandparents, parents and children. Not only does multi-family travel enhance the fun of the trip, many families who meet on tour continue their friendships after the trip ends.
If you’re considering family travel this summer – and especially if you crave multi-family travel – here are some tips to help you evaluate tours and tour companies:
* Tours should be all-inclusive. When every detail of the tour is taken care of for you, travel is more likely to be stress-free. What’s more, all-inclusive means one up-front price without hidden costs or pricey surprises.
* Itineraries should be designed with families in mind so all ages have a great time. Hotels on the tour should cater to families, and dining should offer both authentic, regional options as well as familiar choices for the less adventurous members of the family.
* Tours should provide a dedicated tour director who handles all the details and encourages families to engage with each other.
* Each stop along the tour should feature hands-on activities that connect everyone with the soul of the destination. Tauck’s tours encompass all the best attractions of every location, with the added bonus of exclusive access to enriching family experiences.
Ready to book your family tour? Tauck offers a wealth of itineraries all around the world, including:
* Africa – Tours and safaris bring families the best of Tanzania and South Africa.
* Canada – Want to stay on the North American continent but still experience something new? Canadian tours highlight the country’s natural and cultural delights, including a great family adventure in the Canadian Rockies.
* Europe – From cosmopolitan cities in Italy, France, Ireland, Great Britain and Switzerland, to river cruises and alpine adventures, families can find something for everyone on a tour of Europe.
* Latin American – Glaciers, rainforests, canyons and volcanoes – all can be found on Latin American tours. Visit the Galapagos Islands, a rainforest in Costa Rica or the mystical ruins of ancient cultures in Peru.
* USA – One doesn’t have to leave the country to savor one-of-a-kind experiences. Tours offer insider access to some of America’s most popular destinations, sought-after hotels, lodges and resorts in top locations. From the last great frontier in Alaska to the Grand Canyon, California’s Redwood forest to the birthplace of American independence in Philadelphia, every destination offers families something to see and do.
To learn more about family travel, view full Bridges itineraries or book a Tauck tour, visit www.tauck.com.