(Family Features) Can't escape the office to cheer on your favorite soccer team this summer? Record a few of your favorite matches during the week and replay them with friends, marathon-style, as part of a weekend soccer viewing party. Regardless of what teams everyone cheers for, keep your guests fueled and happy with endless tortilla chips and a refreshing Tabasco & Lime Ceviche.
Soccer Viewing Party Tips
Here are a few tips and tricks to help lead your viewing party to victory:
- For an unexpected twist, mix a few drops of Tabasco Original Red Sauce or Tabasco Chipotle Sauce into melted butter and drizzle over a bowl of popcorn.
- With games lasting at least 90 minutes, set up a self-serve snack bar for guests to quickly refill on tortilla chips, veggies, crackers, pretzels, dips and salsa during timeouts.
- Keep bowls of salsa, sour cream, dips and other condiments cool in a tub of ice.
- Prepare a variety of homemade dips and salsas in resealable plastic containers the night before for easy serving and easy eating on game day.
For more recipes and tips, visit www.TABASCO.com.
Recipe: Tabasco & Lime Ceviche
- 1 pound fresh tilapia or other fresh, firm white fish, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco brand Original Red Sauce
- 1 large Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- Place fish, lime juice, onion, garlic and Tabasco Sauce in bowl. Mix well, cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Stir in tomato, cilantro, salt and olive oil. Chill. Drain before serving, if desired.
- Garnish with avocado and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
4-6 appetizer servings