(Family Features) To make the most of your carefree summer days (and nights), try this fuss-free beauty routine that is low on time and big on impact.
Summer is an ideal time to embrace your natural beauty. A healthy, natural glow sans heavy makeup and pretty wind-tousled hair are the hallmark looks of summer. With these tips from the hair removal experts at the maker of Nair(tm), keep your beauty rituals to a minimum and get ready to enjoy all that summer has to offer.
- Protect your Skin: Your skin's biggest enemy this summer? You guessed it - damaging UV rays. It's critical to incorporate sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 into your daily beauty routine. And, remember to reapply liberally throughout the day.
- Keep it Smooth: It's bathing suit season again. Frequent hair removal treatments at your salon can add up. For easy at-home hair removal that provides expert results, blogger and lifestyle expert Carmen Ordonez, founder of the blog "Viva Fashion," recommends using Nair Sprays Away Max Moroccan Argan Oil to stay smooth all summer long. Infused with 100 percent natural Moroccan Argan Oil, the convenient spray allows for a precise, no-touch application for minimal mess and smooth skin that last days longer than shaving.
- Manage the Shine: Skip liquid foundation altogether and opt instead for a bronzing powder for a natural, sun-kissed look. Don't forget to start with clean skin, using oil-free cleansers and moisturizers.
- Move over Matte, Hello Gloss: For your lips, forego heavy cream and matte lipsticks in favor of light and fun glosses and balms. A wide range of options let you go nude and natural by day, and add drama with deeper shades and shimmer for night.
- Waterproof: Choose waterproof and smudge-proof cosmetics for your eyes to minimize damage and streaking from sweat, humidity or even a refreshing dip in the pool. For a fresh daytime look, stick with pretty neutrals that enhance your natural coloring.
- Condition Less: Heat and humidity can wreak havoc on your hair. Want to avoid limp locks? Skip the daily conditioning and switch to a weekly deep conditioner to maintain moisture while still pumping up the volume on your tresses.