Thursday, Jan. 14
• Oracle School Board will meet. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Oracle Ridge School, 725 Carpenter Drive; free; 896-3072.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-4774.
• VFW Post 7399 will meet. New members welcome. Details: 2 p.m.; 14640 Bowman Road; 825-9654.
Friday, Jan. 15
• Metropolitan Pima Alliance will hold their monthly breakfast at the Viscount Hotel. Details: 7:15-9 a.m.; 4855 E. Broadway Blvd.; $25, $20 members; www.mpaaz.org/events/breakfast.
Saturday, Jan. 16
• The Friends of the Oro Valley Public Library are sponsoring a candidates forum for candidates for mayor and council. Details: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; free; www.friendsovpl.org.
Sunday, Jan. 17
• The International Leadership Program of the Department of State will hold a reception for new and old members. Details: 2-4 p.m.; 620 E. Wetmore Road; free; 202-5000.
Tuesday, Jan. 19
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• The Marana Town Council will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-3401.
Wednesday, Jan. 20
• Southern AZ Logistics Education Organization luncheon will feature Department of Homeland Security supervisory transportation security inspector, Phoenix Field Office, speaking on surface transportation security inspection. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Hotel Congress, 311 E. Congress Street; $30, $25; www.saleo.org.