Thursday, Sept. 30
• The Marana chapter of Northwest Republicans presents an education forum with Marana school board candidate Tom Carlson. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr., Library, 7800 N. Schisler Rd.
Saturday, Oct. 2
• The Red Cross Southern AZ Chapter hosts a class on international humanitarian law about the Geneva Conventions. Details: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 2916 E. Broadway Blvd.; free; 318-6863.
Monday, Oct. 4
• The Oro Valley Historic Preservation Commission meets. Details: 5-8 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• Pima County Democrats hold a rally for gubernatorial candidate Terry Goddard. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Orange Grove Middle School, 1911 E. Orange Grove Rd.; FoothillsDemocraticForum@gmail.com.
Tuesday, Oct. 5
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisors hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• The Pima County Republican Club luncheon features speaker Jon Gold on the Islamic jihadist plan for world domination. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Oro Valley Planning & Zoning Commission meets. Details: 6-10 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Canada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The Green Party of Pima County holds their monthly meeting. Details: 7:15-9:15 p.m.; Trinity Presbyterian Church, 400 E. University Blvd., Room 205; www.pimagreens.org.
Wednesday, Oct. 6
• The Oro Valley Town Council meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.