Interstate 10: Town of Picacho to Picacho Peak Road
Traffic Alert for Nov. 22-29
• There will be no construction from Thursday, Nov. 26, through Sunday, Nov. 29, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Construction will resume on Monday, Nov. 30, at 7 a.m.
State Route 77, Oracle Road, Calle Concordia to Tangerine
Oracle Road is still considered an active construction zone through the winter shutdown, which extends from approximately
December 2009 through March 2010.
The speed limit is reduced to 45 mph, and the project is signed for uneven pavement. The traveling public is advised to be alert and obey the speed limit and posted signs while motoring or cycling through the construction zone. Incidental work may continue in the construction zone, and changes to construction plans can happen unexpectedly due to needed adjustments or temporary repairs. We try to anticipate construction activities a week in advance, but intermittent lane closures, with short delays, may not always be known beforehand.
Winter closure fact sheet
SR77 (Oracle Road) has been widened and most construction will be complete by Dec. 4.
Completed work includes:
• Striping of all travel lanes, turn lanes and crosswalks;
• Installation of all street signs on permanent posts on the shoulders of the road or attached to the poles at intersections;
• Painting the median bull nose and installation of raised pavement markers on top of the bull nose;
• Removal of any barriers that are not required for safety during the shutdown;
• Installation of signs indicating uneven pavement to note the difference in pavement surfaces within the project until the final paving can be completed during spring 2010;
• Completion of the pedestrian bridge over the Cañada del Oro Wash between Steam Pump Village and the Oro Valley Marketplace on the west side of Oracle Road;
• Completion of the application of landscape materials (crushed granite) in the medians and lining the culverts.
ADOT will finish rubberized paving on the 4.4-mile construction zone in spring 2010.