Thursday, Dec. 3
• The La Canada/Magee Neighborhood Association will meet, with county supervisor Ann Day invited. Details: 6:30 p.m.; St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 7650 N. Paseo del Norte; donations welcome; 742-2032.
Saturday, Dec. 5
• Marana Police Department will offer VIN Etching at Pep Boys. Details: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; 4275 N. Ina Road; free; 382-2049.
• Meet Mark Finchem, candidate for Oro Valley Town Council, share your opinions and ideas and hear what Mark has to say about important issues facing Oro Valley. Details: 12-2 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free.
• Arizonans for Immigration Control will meet and hold an election for a new president. Details: 1:30 p.m.; Himmel Park Public Library, 1035 N. Treat Street; free; 572-0438.
Monday, Dec. 7
• Harvard University Professors David I. Laibson and Robert I. Goldman will present "Instant Gratification," about behavior economics, for the Eller College of Managment's Fathauer Lecture in Political Economy. Details: 5:15-6 p.m.; UA McClelland Hall, Berger Auditorium, 1130 E. Helen Street; free; 621-9400.
Tuesday, Dec. 8
• Deadline to apply to serve on the Oracle School Board is Tuesday Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. Call Chief Deputy Tonya Taylor at 1-800-208-6897 ext. 6579 for more information or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The American Legion Oro Valley Post 132 will meet. New members welcome. Details: 7-8 p.m.; Catalina Elks Lodge, 16045 N. Oracle Road; 544-7882.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712; free.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.
• The Oro Valley Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will meet. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Canada Drive; free; 229-4700.
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.