Thursday, Nov. 19
• A panel discussion will be held on veterans overcoming transition issues of exiting war and entering polite society. Details: 5:45-7:45 p.m.; Himmel Park Branch Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave.; free; 594-5305, Ext. 3.
• The Counter Narcotics Alliance and The Partnership for a Drug Free America will hold a drug symposium for concerned parents and school administrators / faculty about the abuse of prescription drugs and heroin in the youth of our community. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Ironwood Ridge High School, 2475 W. Naranja Drive; free.
• The Pima County Democrats will meet with guest speaker David Fitzsimmons entertaining with his sharp political wit. Details: 7 p.m.; Heritage Highlands Clubhouse, 4949 W. Heritage Club Blvd.; $25 or $45/couple; 572-6650.
• VFW Post 7399 will meet and is seeking new members. Details: 2 p.m.; 14640 Bowman Road, 825-9654.
Friday, Nov. 20
• Metropolitan Pima Alliance will hold their monthly breakfast. Details: 7:15-9 a.m.; Viscount Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway Blvd.; $25, $20 members; www.mpaaz.org/events/breakfast.
Saturday, Nov. 21
• The Watershed Management Group will hold a hands-on workshop on capturing stormwater from neighborhood streets and making streetside rain-fed gardens of native trees and shrubs. Details: 12:30-5 p.m.; 6th Street & Euclid Ave. area; free; 396-3266.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
• Pima Council on Aging will offer free information and referral service on issues of concern to older adults. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N Schisler Drive; free; 594-5200.
• Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council will hold a general meeting. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Drive; free; www.catalinaaz.org.
• The Oro Valley Development Review Board will meet. Details: 6-10 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. LaCanada Drive; free; 229-4700.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712; free.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.