Thursday, Oct. 21
• Watershed Management Group holds a Green Infrastructure Showcase & Open House including an outdoor tour of Salpointe Catholic High School's new green infrastructure. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 545 E. Copper St.; 396-3266, or www.watershedmg.org/green-streets.
• Tucson Arts Brigade non-profit holds a plastic bottle creative reuse party (bring bottles, tools, and materials). Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Armory Park Community Center, 220 S. 5th Ave.; www.TucsonArtsBrigade.org.
Saturday, Oct. 23
• Watershed Management Group holds an introduction to green infrastructure to address issues of polluted stormwater runoff, urban heat island effects, water harvesting, urban forestry, and creation or improvement of greenways, parks, and wildlife corridors. Details: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Ward 3 City Council Office, 1510 E. Grant Rd.; free; 396-3266.
• Sonoran Green Expo 2010: Quenching Southern Arizona's Thirst for Sustainability, produced by the Southern Branch of the U.S. Green Building Council, Arizona Chapter, and sponsored by Tucson Electric Power features nearly 60 exhibitors, educational workshops and presentations for both the public and sustainability professionals, and a Green Home tour. Details: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; M3, 2501 W. Sunset Rd.; SonoranGreenExpo2010@usgbcaz.org.
Sunday, Oct. 24
• Environmental scientist and author Dr. Melanie Lenart speaks on "Life in the Hothouse: How a Living Plant Survives Climate Change." Details: 12:30-2:30 p.m.; Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northwest Tucson, 3601 W. Cromwell Dr.; free; 579-7094.
Monday, Oct. 25
• Tucson Republican Women meet for lunch with guest speaker Gov. Jan Brewer. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Tucson Country Club, 2950 N. Camino Principal; $25, $20 members; www.tucsonrepublicanwomen.org.
• The Oro Valley Finance & Bond Committee meets. Details: 6-8 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Canada Dr.; 229-4700.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
• Pima Council on Aging provides information and referral service on issues concerning older people. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; 594-5200.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• Pima County Public Library holds "Solar Power 101: A Community Education Series on Solar Energy" with speaker Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett, Sr. Branch Library, 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; 594-5200.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
• The Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council meets. Details: 7-9 p.m., Main Auditorium, Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Dr.; www.catalinaaz.org.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
• The University of Arizona offers a sustainability tour of key campus locations where efforts have been made to create sustainable environments using water harvesting, solar, or landscape. Details: 10-11:30 a.m.; UA Visitor Center; email@example.com.
• The Oro Valley Town Council holds a study session. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Canada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Marana Planning Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The NW Coffee Party meets. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.