Thursday, Aug. 19
• The Coffee Party of Northwest Tucson holds a candidates’ forum for those running in the Aug. 24 primary. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Town Hall, 11000 N. La Cañada; 575-1743.
• The Oro Valley Storm Water Utility Commission meets. Details: 4-6 p.m.; Hopi Room, Concordia Conference Room, 680 W. Calle Concordia; 229-4700.
Monday, Aug. 23
• The Democrats of Greater Tucson luncheon meets featuring guest speaker Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Details: 12 p.m.; Dragon View Restaurant, 400 N. Bonita.
Tuesday, Aug. 24
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 575-1743.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
• The Pima County Republican Club luncheon meets featuring speaker Hank Kenski. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador, 2744 E Broadway Blvd.
• Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council General meets. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Main Auditorium, Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Drive; email@example.com.
Wednesday, Aug. 25
• The Marana Planning Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
Thursday, Aug. 26
• The Pima County Republican Women’s Club luncheon meets featuring guest speakers Dr. Eric Novack, founder of the Healthcare Freedom Act Bill; radio talk show host Heather Sandstrom; and a video interview with Canadian Dr. Harvey Thomas. Details: 11 a.m.; Tanque Verde Ranch, 14301 E. Speedway Blvd.; $30, $25 members, $20 in advance; 615-9494.