Arizona Department of Transportation
Interstate 10, Twin Peaks Interchange
Eastbound I-10 traffic switch to take place beginning Jan. 8
The following traffic impacts and activities will take place from Friday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m. through Monday, Jan. 11 at 5 a.m.
• Eastbound I-10 will be reduced to one lane from Avra Valley Road to Cortaro Road (milepost 242 to 246).
• Westbound I-10 will be reduced to one lane from Avra Valley Road to Cortaro Road (milepost 242 to 246).
• Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Avra Valley will be closed. Traffic will be detoured onto the eastbound frontage road to use the Cortaro Road eastbound I-10 on-ramp as an alternate route.
• Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Cortaro Road will be closed. Traffic will be detoured onto the eastbound frontage road to use the Ina Road westbound I-10 on-ramp as an alternate route.
ADOT advises drivers to proceed with caution, obey all posted speed limit signs and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
Interstate 10: Town of Picacho to Picacho Peak Road
Westbound Frontage Road
• Through 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 8, the westbound frontage road north of Picacho Peak Road (Exit 219) and south of Picacho (Exit 212) will be closed for construction. Both westbound interstate exits (219 and 212) will remain open during the construction and all businesses and state park remain accessible.