A roundup of recent police activities throughout the Northwest.
• About 9:30 p.m. Monday, June 30, police received a report that someone stole several items from a truck parked at the Red Roof Inn on the 4900 block of West Ina Road. A man staying at the hotel said that he had parked the truck at the hotel and walked over to a nearby Denny’s restaurant for dinner. When he came back he noticed that the spare tire, a pair of coolers and cases of bottled water and energy drinks were missing from his Ford F-150, according to an incident report. Police found no evidence at the scene, and the hotel had no security cameras on site.
• About 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, July 2, an officer pulled over a black Chevrolet pickup for speeding on the 5600 block Cortaro Road. The truck’s driver, a female teenager, had no valid driver’s license, according to an incident report. Also, the officer noted that the girl was sweating profusely and had watery eyes. A search of the truck found an unmarked prescription bottle containing about $20 worth of heroin. The girl, who “had a slight twitch and shaky hands,” admitted to using the narcotic, according to police. After receiving a blood test and giving a urine sample at the police station, the girl was arrested for DUI and drug possession and taken to the Pima County Adult Detention Center.
• About 11:30 p.m. Friday, June 20, police arrested a male teenager for possession of marijuana. An officer found two male teens sitting in a Saturn sedan at the Diamond Shamrock convenience store, 10410 N. La Cañada Drive, with the smell of burnt marijuana emanating from the car. One of the boys admitted to having “weed” in his backpack, according to an incident report. A search of the car turned up about 10 grams of marijuana and 95 small plastic baggies. The boy who had admitted to having the marijuana denied selling the drug. Officers called a drug-sniffing dog to the scene, and the other teen admitted to having more marijuana his F-150 pickup parked nearby. The drug dog found nearly 92 grams of the drug in the truck. Both were arrested for drug possession.
• About 8:20 p.m. Sunday, June 22, police arrested a man on the 500 block of West Flaxen Drive for threatening to kill his girlfriend’s children. During an argument, according to police, the man grabbed a broomstick and began hitting a kitchen counter in the house. The man told officers he had been depressed lately and currently was taking three different medications. He was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and making threats and intimidations and taken to the Pima County Adult Detention Center.
• About 10 p.m. Monday, June 23, police responded to a report of a domestic dispute, after receiving a few 911 calls (two of them hang-ups) from a house on East Mediterranean Drive. A male resident claimed that his girlfriend had slit her wrists with a knife after the two had argued. The man also had a cut to his face, according to an incident report. He said his girlfriend had hit him with a phone during their argument. The woman, a minor, denied hurting herself or her boyfriend, according to an incident report. A breath test revealed her blood-alcohol content to be .220. Police arrested the woman for disorderly content and drinking underage.