Police reports from Marana and Oro Valley
• About 2:20 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, police responded to a report of a fight in progress at a Chevron station on the 4200 block of West Ina Road. The altercation took place when a customer at the gas station complained about a couple in line who had been arguing with the clerk about the price of gas. A man accompanying the woman hit the customer who had complained about them, according to a police report. An officer arrested the man on an assault charge before releasing him. However, the officer also arrested the victim of the assault on an outstanding warrant and a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• About 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, police arrested a Marana Career and Technical High School student, 11279 W. Grier Road, on charges of possession of marijuana in a drug-free school zone and possession of drug paraphernalia. The student told police that he smoked marijuana in the school’s bathroom that morning. An officer searched the student and found a glass pipe with marijuana residue, according to police. He was cited and released into his father’s custody. A school administrator warned the student that if he was caught with drugs on campus again he would be expelled.
• About 9 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, police arrested two females — one of them a juvenile — on charges of shoplifting at the Kohl’s, 5850 W. Arizona Pavilions, after store security caught them with $141.98 in merchandise. Both were charged and then released.
• About 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, police arrested a Canyon Del Oro High School student on a charge of minor in possession of tobacco. School officials caught the student with cigarettes, according to police. The student admitted to smoking in a wash near the school and that he had been caught smoking several times last year.
• About 8:15 a.m. Friday, Aug. 15, police arrested a man on outstanding trespassing and disorderly conduct warrants at Casa de la Luz Hospice, 400 W. Magee Road. Staff at the hospice reported that a transient had become irate with them after he was asked to leave. An officer found that the man had been banned from numerous places in the area, most of them medical establishments. He was taken to the Pima County Adult Detention Center.
• About 4:40 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, police responded to a report of a shooting at 10333 N. Oracle Road. A man allegedly shot in the direction of a couple he had been arguing with earlier that day and then fled the scene, according to police. Shortly after arriving, officers noticed a bullet hole in a storage unit near where the couple had been arguing with the alleged shooter. A couple of hours later, Tucson Police arrested the alleged shooter at a tattoo parlor off Stone Avenue. The Tucson officers transferred the man to Oro Valley’s custody. He was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault with a firearm and taken to the Pima County Adult Detention Center. Officers found a .22-caliber Ruger pistol in his truck.
• About 2:10 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 24, police arrested a New Mexico man at the Hilton El Conquistador, 10000 N. Oracle Road, on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Earlier that day, hotel security found a red cooler in the parking lot with $700 cash, two small bags of marijuana and a small scale attached to a key chain. A receipt inside the cooler indicated that it belonged to a guest staying at the hotel, according to police. Officers arrested the guest after he tried to claim the cooler. He was released with a citation.