The La Cañada/Magee Neighborhood Association, Inc, a duly registered 501(c)4 organization serving the northwest area of Pima County will hold its spring semiannual meeting on
• Thursday, April 24, 2014, 6:30-8 PM, at
• St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, in the Chapel, at
• 7650 N Paseo Del Norte (northeast corner of Chapala/Paseo Del Norte).
The meeting is open to the public.
The meeting will open with
• AZ District 9 Representative Ethan Orr and
• AZ District 9 Senator Steve Farley, followed by
• Pima County District 1 Supervisor Ally Miller.
• Battalion Chief Darin Reid will attend representing Mountain Vista Fire District with a brief Update, as things are changing.
• A Pima County Development Services Zoning Enforcement Inspector will update members on the Home Occupation, Guest House, and permitted solar arrays in CR-1 (residential, 1-acre lot) neighborhood ordinances
• Sergeant Patrick Hilliker, Supervisor, Burglary Unit, Pima County Sheriff,
and his peers will present a map indicating updated activities in our area, crime trends, specific arrests and/or persons of interest, and preventative measures including reporting suspicious activity. A similar event was held on 12/30 at the Nanini Library where attendance (67) surpassed expectations and the library closed before the Sheriff's presentation was concluded.
• Rick Ellis, PCDOT, will be on-hand to address any issues or concerns.
All of the speakers are invited to remain after the meeting for additional Q&A.
Residents, business owners, and merchants are encouraged to submit via email (LCMNA2@aol.com) specific questions for speakers so that they may be advised and may move quickly through issues. Please submit any additional questions or concerns to the above email address, or leave a verbal message at 742-2032 and one of the directors will return the call ASAP.