Pima Community College will hold campus forums to provide updates on the progress PCC has made as it emerges from probation, and to answer questions.
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Jerry Migler and other administrators from the Provost’s Office will lead the hour-long forums.
- Downtown Campus, 1255 N. Stone Ave., Amethyst Room, 11 a.m.-noon
- Northwest Campus, 7600 N. Shannon Road, Community Room, 4-5 p.m.
- Desert Vista Campus, 5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz, Ocotillo Room, 11 a.m.-noon
- West Campus, 2202 W. Anklam Road, Saguaro Room, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Community Campus, 401 N. Bonita Ave., A109/112, 9-10 a.m.
- East Campus, 8181 E. Irvington Road, Community Room, 1-2 p.m.
“The College has worked hard to keep students and the College community apprised about our activities related to reaffirming accreditation,” Dr. Migler said. “Now that the new academic year has started, we want to share the progress we have made over the summer and answer questions.”
The Higher Learning Commission, the College’s accreditor, placed PCC on probation in April and directed it to conduct a Self-Study, a top-to-bottom review of operations, in order to identify deficiencies, make improvements and meet HLC standards for accreditation.
Since them, PCC has formed 14 committees comprising some 300 PCC employees, students and community member volunteers to conduct the Self-Study. In August the HLC accepted a report detailing the College’s plan to conform to HLC standards regarding complaints and grievances and faculty oversight of curriculum.
The Pima Addresses Probation webpage contains resources related to probation and accreditation, including a chart showing the College’s progress toward reaffirming accreditation, and an email, email@example.com, for students and the public to send questions.