Wednesday, Oct. 26 to Friday, Oct. 28
• The Arizona Association for Economic Development and Arizona Commerce Authority will present the Governor’s Statewide Development Conference to discuss A Statewide Approach – Let’s Do This Together, with a visit from Gov. Jan Brewer, and topics ranging from tourism and workforce issues to marketing, natural resources and business expansion and retention. Details: Hilton El Conquistador, Oro Valley.
Thursday, Oct. 27
• The Pima Council on Aging along with other local agencies offers a Medicare Update Conference on Medicare, Medigap supplements, and Part D drug benefit changes. Details: 8 a.m.-noon; Sun City Social Hall, 1495 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $10; 305-3402.
Saturday Oct. 29, Saturday to Sunday, Nov. 5-6
• Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training will be held for volunteers interested in improving emergency preparedness for self, family, neighbors and community. Details: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays, 1-5 p.m. Sunday; University of Arizona, Thomas Keating Bldg., 1657 E. Helen St.; free but donation suggested for books and safety equipment; 344-7769 or www.citizencorps.gov.
Tuesday, Nov. 1
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisors hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Oro Valley Planning & Zoning Commission meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Council Chambers, Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
Wednesday, Nov. 2
• The Oro Valley Town Council. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.