Thursday, Sept. 8
• The UA College of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers a lecture on the topic What Does It Mean to be Post 9/11: Media, Privacy and Community. Details: 6-7 p.m.; UA Education Building, Room 211 (Kiva Auditorium), 1430 E. 2nd St.; free; 260-9538.
• The Oracle School District governing board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 725 N. Carpenter Dr.; 896-3070.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Saturday, Sept. 10
• The American Association of University Women (AAUW) luncheon features guest speaker Claire Morgan on the topic The U.S. Constitution and Our Sovereign Rights as Individual Citizens. Details: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $10.50; 795-3952.
Sunday, Sept. 11
• The UA College of Social and Behavioral Sciences offers a screening of the film “Rebirth,” which chronicles the lives of five people coping with 9/11. Details: noon-2 p.m.; The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.; free; 260-9538.
Monday, Sept. 12
• The Oro Valley Town Water Utility Commission meets. Details: 6-8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Democrats of Oro Valley meet with featured speaker archaeologist and Arizona State Museum archaeological editor Gayle Hartmann on the topic “Is the Rosemont Mine Worth it?” Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 395-0204 or
Tuesday, Sept. 13
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisors’ hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Marana Town Council holds a study session. Details: 6 p.m.; Council Chambers, Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The Oro Valley Conceptual Design Review Board meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
Thursday, Sept. 15
• The Pima County Republican Women’s Club meets for lunch with guest speaker Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu. Details: 11 a.m.; Sheraton Hotel & Suites, 5151 E. Grant Rd.; $20; 615-9494.