Thursday, Aug. 4
• The Town of Oro Valley holds a neighborhood meeting on the Rancho Vistoso Planned Area Development. Details: 6-8 p.m.; Town Hall, Hopi Conference Room – Development Services Building, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4814.
Saturday, Aug. 6
• Tucson Water sponsors a Gray Water Rebate Seminar for residential water customers interested in installing a permanent gray water irrigation system for their landscape plants. Details: 10 a.m.-noon; Miller-Golf Links Branch Library, 9640 E. Golf Links Rd.; free; 626-5161.
Monday, Aug. 8
• The Democrats of Oro Valley meet with guest speakers Jo Holt and Holly Lyon presenting “Return to Morality: Framing Progressive Values.” Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 742-3774 or www.demsov.org.
Tuesday, Aug. 9
• The Pima County Republican Club lunch meeting features guest speaker Tucson mayoral candidate Rick Grinnell. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Marana Town Council holds a special session. Details: 6 p.m.; Council Chambers, Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.