Thursday, Jan. 26
• The Foothills Democratic Forum discusses the topic Getting Ahead or Losing Ground: Are Your Children Downwardly Mobile? Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Skyline Country Club, 5200 E. St. Andrews Dr.; $15; 477-1093.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Saturday, Jan. 28
• The Town of Oro Valley offers Dispose-A-Med for safe disposal of unused or expired prescription or over-the counter drugs. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Target, 10555 N. Oracle Rd.
Tuesday, Jan. 31
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
Wednesday, Feb. 1
• The Oro Valley Town Council meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
Wednesdays through Feb. 15
• The Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce offers the Southern Arizona Candidate Academy to educate potential candidates and campaign workers on the business perspective of running a successful campaign for office. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Cox Corporate Office, 1440 E. 15th St.; $100, $75 members; www.tucsonhispanicchamber.org.