Thursday, Aug. 25
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Saturday, Aug. 27
• The League of Women Voters and Pima College offer a workshop on How to Moderate a Panel Discussion, Forum or Candidate Debate. Details: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; Pima Community College Amethyst Room, 1255 N. Stone Ave.; free but registration required; 740-5779.
Tuesday, Aug. 30
• The Metropolitan Pima Alliance offers Sustainability Matters: Policy, Design & Implementation with keynote speaker Kris Mayes. Details: 1-5:30 p.m.; Westward Look Resort, 245 E. Ina Rd.; $45, $40 members; 878-8811.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
Wednesday, Aug. 31
• The Marana Planning Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Council Chambers, Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.