Northwest Fire District units were called to the 6300 block of North Mango Way, near Thorndale and Orange Grove Roads just after 3:00pm on Tuesday after a passerby noticed smoke and flames from a mobile home.
Fire crews arrived within five minutes and found a single wide mobile home involved in fire. Crews made an aggressive interior attack on the fire and were able to bring it under control in 14 minutes. There was significant fire, smoke and heat damage to the mobile home. Firefighters brought additional resources into the scene including a rehabilitation unit to help firefighters keep cool in the hot temperatures.
The owner was not at home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. The official cause has been determined to be accidental as a result of burning incense that was left unattended in the home. According to Fire Cause Investigators, the mobile home is a total loss and damages are estimated to be approximately $15,000.
Northwest Fire reminds everyone to have at least one working smoke detector in any home at all times. Northwest Fire would also like to remind everyone to call 9-1-1 if they see or smell smoke in the area. The sooner we can receive information about a possible fire, the earlier we get to the scene and that allows for a smaller fire which is safer to fight.