Thursday, Aug. 18
• The Oro Valley Stormwater Utility Commission meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Marana Parks and Recreation Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Parks and Recreation Building Conference Room, 13251 N. Lon Adams Rd.; 682-3401.
Saturday, Aug. 20
• The Pima County Republican Women’s Club meets with guest speaker John Huppenthal. Details: 9 a.m.; Tucson Country Club, 2950 N. Camino Principal; $25, $20 members; 615-9494.
• The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson meets to discuss the Role of the Federal Government in Public Education. Details: 10 a.m.-noon; Eckstrom-Columbus Library, 4350 E. 22nd St.; 622-0905.
• The Fund for Civility, Respect & Understanding Benefit Dinner and Concert with Reverie will be held at La Mariposa. Details: 6 p.m.; 1501 N. Houghton Rd.; $100; 749-1099.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building No. 4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
• The Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council meets. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Main Auditorium, Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Dr.