Thursday, March 17
• The Pima County Republican Women's Club holds a general membership meeting and luncheon with speaker Sheriff Paul Babeu. Details: 11 a.m.; Sheraton Hotel, 5151 E. Grant Rd.; $20; 615-9494.
• The Oro Valley Republican Woman's Club meets for a St. Patrick's Day happy hour social. Details: 4 p.m.; The Keg Restaurant & Bar, Oro Valley Marketplace, Oracle & Tangerine Rds.
• The Marana Parks and Recreation Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Parks and Recreation Building, 13251 N. Lon Adams Rd.; 382-1950.
Friday, March 18
• The Metropolitan Pima Alliance holds its monthly breakfast. Details: 7:15-9 a.m.; Tucson Association of Realtors, 2445 N. Tucson Blvd.; $35, $25 members; www.mpaaz.org.
Saturday, March 19
• The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson meet to discuss the Federal Role in Public Education with guest speakers UA's Dr. John Taylor and TUSD's Dr. Lupita Cavazos-Garcia. Details: 10 a.m.; Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.; 622-0905.
Monday, March 21
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 1874 meets with speaker Arlene Schneider from Tohono Chul Park. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $9.50; 908-0774.
• The Oro Valley Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meets. Details: 6:30-9 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
Tuesday, March 22
• Pima Council on Aging provides information and referral service on issues concerning older people. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; free; 594-5200.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 6 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.