Thursday, May 26
• LD26 holds its MVPC Awards Ceremony. Details: 5:30 p.m.; La Paloma Resort, Azul Lounge, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr.; 877-3230.
• The Town of Oro Valley holds a Neighborhood Meeting to discuss having a Taco Bell at Rooney Ranch. Details: 6-7:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Friday to Sunday, May 27-29
• The American Legion Auxiliary Oro Valley Unit 132 holds Poppy Days to benefit veterans and their families. Details: 2-6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, noon-4 p.m. Sunday; Oro Valley MarketPlace, 2150 E. Tangerine Rd.
Tuesday, May 31
• The Pima County Republican Club Lunch Meeting features guest speaker Tucson City Councilman Steve Kozachik. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
Wednesday, June 1
• The Oro Valley Town Council meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
Thursday, June 2
• Watershed Management Group holds Open House with presentations on local, regional and international programs in sustainability. Details: 7-8:30 p.m.; Ward III Council Office, 1510 E. Grant Rd.; 396-3266.