Pima Community College’s Desert Vista Campus will be hosting some of Tucson’s top chefs on Oct. 21 during its Student Culinarian Invitational.
High school and college culinary students from across Tucson have been invited. The American Culinary Federation’s Chefs Association of Southern Arizona and PCC Center for Training and Development’s Culinary and Food Service Program sponsor the event. Organizers are calling the event “an extravaganza of chef demonstrations by chefs and culinary professionals.”
The purpose of the annual event is to motivate young culinary students and familiarize them with PCC’s culinary programs.
Highlights of the event include:
- Hot and cold food demonstrations by top Tucson chefs
- Garde manger demonstrations, including ice carving and fruit carving
- Sustainability demonstrations
- Organic gardening demonstrations
- Mini-trade show
- What: Student Culinarian Invitational
- Where: PCC Desert Vista Campus, 5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz
- When: 3:30-5:30 p.m., Oct. 21, 2013
- Admission: Free
- Info: Elizabeth Mikesell, email@example.com or 520-206-5128