- Your Voice
Randy Metcalf/The Explorer, Golder Ranch Fire inspectors Stefani Valenzuela and Michael Muirhead survey a burnt vehicle at the Giant Conoco gas station last week. Firefighters responded to a vehicle that caught fire after a propane tank, which was being refilled, exploded. Division Chief John Sullivan said the attendant who was filling the tank noticed a small leak. When the attendant turned around to turn the gas off, the propane gas ignited. Propane, which is heavier than air, drifted below the vehicle and most likely caused the combustion. The fire caused the two-gallon tank to explode, but luckily not the larger refill tank.