The public is invited to explore the next generation of medical facilities with a public open house
showcasing Marana Healthcare’s (MHC) Main Clinic. This state-of the-art, tri-level facility has been certified by the U.S. Green Building Council as a leader in environmental and health performance.
Tours of the new facility at the grand opening will showcase the latest in medical environments
along with MHC clinical providers and staff who will be there to introduce themselves to the
Marana Unified School District representatives will be on hand to teach parents about its online
student service portal. Many local agencies will be available to share information about how they can help the families in the community. There will be food and fun for the whole family.
Other activities include:
• Arizona Eye Consultants will provide free eye exams for kids ages 4-18 years.
• MHC Dental Services will provide a 3-D dental excursion for kids ages 2-18 years.
• United Healthcare Arizona Physicians IPA mascot Dr. Health E. Hound.
• MHC Presents will host a cartoon movie complete with popcorn in the new community room.
• A Farmer’s Market on the Fountain Patio. Marana Heritage Farm will bring fresh produce to sample and purchase fresh from local growers.
• Town of Marana Police Department and Northwest Fire Department will have a police car and a fire engine to educate kids about personal and fire safety.
View a list of participants and description of activities at www.maranahealthcenter.org
The event helps kick off National Health Center Week, Aug. 7-13, which is designated as a time to recognize community health centers for their contributions to bring services to the uninsured and
underserved. This year’s theme is “Serving locally and leading nationally.”
The Associate of Community Health Centers recognizes special events and promotes awareness for health and wellness at each of the health center for the entire week.
If you go
What: Marana Health Center open house, “Built for a New Generation”
When: Friday, Aug. 12, 4-8 p.m.
Where: Marana Healthcare Main Clinic, 13395 N. Marana Main St.
For more information, visit www.maranahealthcenter.org.