Thursday, Aug. 5
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Oro Valley Business Club monthly luncheon/meeting. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sun City Vistoso Social Hall auditorium, 1485 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $17; 818-2761 or 797-7803.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a networking mixer at Jimmy's American Bistro. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 8235 N. Silverbell Rd., Suite 105; free; 682-4314.
Friday, Aug. 6
• Former executive recruiter Beth Cole holds a facilitated gathering for job seekers. Details: 3-4 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Friday & Monday, Aug. 6 & 9
• The Oro Valley Public Library offers job searching and career building help. Details: 1-3 p.m. Friday, 9-11 a.m. Monday; 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Saturday, Aug. 7
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Monday, Aug. 9
• The Saguaro Toastmasters communication and leadership program meets. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; Ward 6 Council Office, large conference room, 3202 E. 1st St.; free; 777-7099.
Tuesday, Aug. 10
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds a new member orientation. Details: 8:30-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Rd., Suite 262; free; www.asba.com.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners luncheon features speaker University of Arizona senior associate director of athletics Kathleen Rocky LaRose on "Working and Winning: Confessions of a Competitive Mind." Details: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $45, $40 members; $35, $30 in advance; www.nawbotucson.org.
• The Arizona Small Business Association offers a seminar, "Leveraging the Cloud to Deliver Smarter, Faster Solutions," presented by IBM. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; IBM, 9000 S. Rita Rd.; $20, $15 members; www.asba.com.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners training and development session features Morella Bierwag and Stephen Sayre on "Making Mobile Technology Work for You." Details: 2-4 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $24, $21 members; $18, $15 in advance; www.nawbotucson.org.
Wednesday, Aug. 11
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• TMM Family Services offers a class on resolving credit and debt issues. Details: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; 1550 N. Country Club, Bldg 8; free; 322-9557.