Thursday, Nov. 12
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold their monthly luncheon at Michelangelo's. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; 420 W. Magee Road; $28, $25 members/guests; 297-2191.
Friday, Nov. 13
• Bellows Consulting will offer a workshop focused on helping entrepreneurs and managers develop plans and leadership strategies for moving their business forward. Details: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Arizona Center for Innovation, Room 2216, University of Arizona Science and Technology Park, 9040 S. Rita Road, $250 value, available at no charge through a grant from Innovation Frontier Arizona; 299-9169.
Saturday, Nov. 14
• Detective Josh Cheek, a 10-year veteran with the Tucson Police Department assigned to the counter-narcotics alliance, will speak on the Drug World of Southern Arizona, and novelist Elizabeth Gunn will present a workshop on viewpoint and voices at the Arizona Mystery Writers meeting/luncheon. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; HomeTown Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Road; $17.50, $12.50 members; 360-6360.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a Merchant Fair at Sunflower's Activity Patio Area. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; 9401 N. Sunflower Park Drive; free; 682-4314.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a ribbon cutting at American Dance Studio. Details: 2-3 p.m.; 6336 N. Oracle, #318; $8, $5 members/guests; 297-2191.
• Arizona Press Women will meet with guest speaker Vera Marie Badertscher, freelance travel writer, blogger, and avid user of social networking sites Details: 12-2 p.m.; El Parador, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.; 722-1273.
Tuesday, Nov. 17
• AlphaGraphics CPS and the International Association of Business Communicators will offer "Powerful Print —Tools & Tips to Hit Your Communications Program Targets." Details: 7:30-8:45 a.m.; 2500 N. Coyote Drive, Suite 110; $5, $3 students, free to Big C members; www.iabctucson.com.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking mixer at Chili's Grill & Bar. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 5975 W. Arizona Pavilions; free; 682-4314.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a Mix "N" Match Mixer at the Wingate Hotel. Details: 4-6 p.m.; 11075 N. Oracle Road; $8, $5 members/guests; 297-2191.
• "Job Coaching: Resume Writing and Interview Skills" workshop will be held at Catalina Foothills Church. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 2150 E. Orange Grove Road, Room 406; free; www.cfcpca.org/jobsearch.asp.
Tuesdays, Nov. 17 & 24
• Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr., Library will offer help on finding a job. Details: 1-5 p.m.; 7800 N. Schisler Drive; free; 594-5200.
Wednesday, Nov. 18
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a new member orientation. Details: 7-10 a.m.; Hilton El Conquistador Resort, 10000 N. Oracle Road; free; 297-2191.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a business builder workshop, "Sales & Service during a Recession," presented by University of Arizona Eller College of Management professor Victor Piscitello, Ph.D. Details: 8-10 a.m.; Splendido, 13500 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $20-25, $10-20 in advance; 297-2191.