Thursday, Sept. 17
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Canyon Rotary Club meets at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 5:30-7 p.m., 7892 N. Oracle Road; 909-9375.
• Arizona Business Leads of Foothills will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sur Real Restaurant, 3001 E. Skyline Drive; free; 529-2644.
• The Minority & Small Business Alliance of Southern Arizona presents awards. Details: 5-8 p.m.; the Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $60; 740-8465.
• Long Realty will hold a home buyers workshop with information on the $8,000 tax credit for first-time home buyers, foreclosed and short sale properties, and understanding all the steps in buying a home. Details: 6-7 p.m.; 7575 N. Twin Peaks Road, Suite 155; free; 665-3109.
• TMC Senior Services El Dorado Campus will hold a seminar on Elder Law and Advance Directives facilitated by Patrice Ryan, JD. Details: 11 a.m.; 1400 N. Wilmot Road; free; 324-1960.
• NARVRE will hold a luncheon/meeting for working or retired railroad employees. Details: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Hometown Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Road; $10; 733-9291.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly luncheon at Oasis at Wild Horse Ranch. Details: 11:15 a.m.; 6801 Camino Verde; $25, $20 members; 682-4314.
• Arizona Small Business Association will hold a get acquainted session for new members. Details: 8-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Road, #26; $35, free; 327-0222.
• Tom Lockhart, Arizona Small Business Association director of member benefits, will discuss time management and prospecting. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; 4811 E. Grant Road, #26; $35, $10 members; 327-0222.
Friday, Sept. 18
• Arizona Small Business Association breakfast will be held with guest speakers Doug Martin of KVOI and Lea Marquez-Peterson of Greater Tucson Leadership. Details: 7:30-9:30 a.m.; Westward Look, 245 E. Ina Road; $35, $25 members; 327-0222.
• Allan Pressel will present a luncheon seminar for nonprofits, Online Fundraising During A Recession. Details: 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., DoubleTree Hotel at Reid Park; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 19 & 23
• SCORE Business Counseling for small business owners or anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon by appointment; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Sept. 22
• Society for Design Administration, Southern Arizona chapter will meet. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway Blvd.; $25, $20 members; 881-4546.
• SCORE will broadcast a seminar on social media featuring author Lon Safko, Gov. Jan Brewer, Phoenix Suns CEO Rick Welts. Details: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Troy University Broadway Center, 5307 E. Broadway Blvd. or Omni Tucson National Resort, 2727 W. Club Drive; $95; 670-5008.
Wednesday, Sept. 23
• Arizona Business Leads of North Tucson will meet. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Mimi's Café, 4420 N. Oracle Road; free; 574-1826.
• Arizona Business Leads of Northwest Tucson will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Metropolitan Grill, 7892 N. Oracle Road; free; 531-1212.
• The Northern Pima Chamber of Commerce will hold a joint mixer with the Sun City Vistoso Community Association, 1565 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $10, members free; 297-2191.