Thursday, Feb. 3
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Oro Valley Business Club holds their monthly luncheon. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sun City Vistoso Social Hall, 1485 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $17.
• Women Impacting Tucson monthly luncheon features UA cancer researcher Joyce Schroeder, Ph.D. Details: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $25, $20 in advance; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Feb. 4
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Ribbon Cutting at Shades of Brew. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; 3605 W. Cortaro Rd., Ste 157; free; 682-4314.
• The Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona holds a Grassroots Leadership-Skills for Community Volunteer Leaders Workshop. Details: 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; 924 N. Alvernon Way; $45; 881-3300.
Saturday & Tuesday, Feb. 5 & 8
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday; 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce and Sam's Club hold a Breakfast Open House. Details: 8 a.m.; Sam's Club, 4701 N. Stone Ave.; free.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
• The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) luncheon features guest speaker Jane Roxbury from the Metropolitan Tucson Convention and Visitors Bureau on the economic impact of the Gem and Mineral Show on Tucson's economy and small businesses. Details: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $40, $35 members; $30, $25 members in advance; www.nawbotucson.org.
• The Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce offers a class titled Kill the Competition-Creating a Competitive Advantage, facilitated by Tannya Gaxiola. Details: 3-5:30 p.m.; Brown Mackie College, 4585 E. Speedway Blvd.; $55, $45 members; www.tucsonhispanicchamber.org.
Wednesday, Feb. 9
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• The Arizona Small Business Association, the Better Business Bureau of Southern Arizona, NAWBO and the Microbusiness Advancement Center (MAC) hold a collaborative networking mixer. Details: 5:30-7 p.m.; Westin La Paloma Resort, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr.; $10, members free; www.asba.com.
Wednesdays, Feb. 9-23
• AARP offers volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Details: 1-5 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Library, 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; free; 594-5200.