Thursday, Aug. 12
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly membership luncheon. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; $35, $25 members/guests; 297-2191.
• National Association of Retired and Veteran Railway Employees meets for lunch with guest speaker author/historian William Kalt. Details: 11 a.m.; Hometown Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $10.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a networking mixer at Bank of the West. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 3775 W. Orange Grove Rd.; free; 682-4314.
• Tucson American Marketing Association holds their season kick-off mixer. Details: World Sports Grille, Foothills Mall; $15; 770-5439 or www.tucsonama.com.
Friday, Aug. 13
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds Marana Chamber 101. Details: 7:30 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Rd.; free; 682-4314.
Friday & Monday, Aug. 13 & 16
• The Oro Valley Public Library offers job searching and career building help. Details: 1-3 p.m. Friday, 9-11 a.m. Monday; 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Saturday, Aug. 14
• TMM Family Services provides homeownership classes, "Managing and Maintaining Your Home." Details: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 1550 N. Country Club Rd., Bldg 8; free; 322-9557.
Tuesday, Aug. 17
• AAF Tucson offers "Shaping your Brand with Traditional and Social Media" at the Westin La Paloma Resort. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; 3800 E. Sunrise Dr.; $40, $30 members; $20 students/Ad2 members; www.aaftucson.org.
• SCORE offers "Champagne Marketing on a Beer Budget" with speaker Idea Magic's MJ Jensen. Details: 11:30-1 p.m.; Comfort Suites Hotel, 550 W. Auto Mall Dr.; 481-5505.
Wednesday, Aug. 18
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• Southern Arizona Logistics Education Organization and Sunbelt World Trade Association hold their monthly luncheon with guest speaker John Czapko, senior special agent at the Tucson office of U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE). Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.; $30, $25 members, $10 students; www.saleo.org.
Thursday to Friday, Aug. 19-20
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds "The Entrepreneur Summit, Innovative Strategies for a Changing Business World." Details: 9-5 p.m.; Westward Look Resort, 245 E. Ina Rd.; $349, $295 in advance; 299-9169.
• The Arizona Small Business Association offers an OSHA authorized construction safety outreach training course. Details: 12-5:30 p.m. Thursday, 7 a.m.-12 p.m. Friday; 4811 E. Grant Rd., Ste. 262; asba.com.