Thursday, Feb. 24
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly Membership Breakfast. Details: 6:45–8:30 a.m.; El Charro Cafe, 7725 N. Oracle Road, #10; $30, $20 members; 297-2191.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: noon–1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; email@example.com.
• Edward Jones financial services holds an Open House. Details: 2–6 p.m.; 7250 N. La Cholla Blvd., Ste. 148; 544-5160.
Saturday, Feb. 26
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley hosts the Second Annual Citizen of the Year Award Fundraising Gala with keynote speaker UA President Robert Shelton and honoring Officer Shawn Benjamin of the Oro Valley Police Department. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; $75; 818-3068 or 544-5987.
Saturday & Tuesday, Feb. 26 & March 1
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.–noon Saturday; 3–5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Wednesday, March 2
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Networking Breakfast. Details: 7:45–9 a.m.; Colt’s Taste of Texas Steakhouse, 8310 N. Thornydale Rd.; $20, $15 members; 682-4314.
• The Southern Arizona chapter of the Public Relations Society of America offers a class on fundamental public relations skills, PR101: Back-to-Basics Public Relations for Nonprofits, Businesses and Community Groups. Details: 8:30 a.m.–noon; Tucson Osteopathic Medical Foundation, 3182 N. Swan Rd.; $20, $5 members; www.prsatucson.com.
Wednesday, March 2, 9, 16 & 30
• AARP offers volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Details: 1–5 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Library, Sr., 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; free; 594-5200.
Thursday, March 3
• Access Tucson offers a Media and Your Message workshop focusing on a variety of cost-effective ways to make media a key component of your communications strategy. Details: 3 –4:30 p.m.; 124 E. Broadway Blvd.; free; 624-9833.
• The Town of Marana Business and Economic Development Citizen Advisory Commission holds Small Business Open House. Details: 4-7 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Library, Sr., 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; 382-1936.
Friday, March 4
• Leave A Legacy® and Tucson Botanical Gardens offer a Write A Will workshop presented by Tim Struse of Slosser, Hudgins, Struse & Freund P.L.C. and Lori Hoby, CPA, Center for Planned Giving. Details: 9 a.m.; Tucson Botanical Gardens, Porter Hall, 2150 N. Alvernon Way; free; 326-9686, ext. 10.