A weekly roundup of business news of interest to the Northwest.
• Jon Bickerton, Nicole DaSilva and Lanu Weinell were all hired on as tax associates at Beach, Fleischman & Company.
• Jim Williams was appointed as executive director of Fox Tucson Theatre.
• The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Dove Mountain has appointed Jeff McCormick as the head golf professional at the new facility, scheduled to open early in 2009.
• The Arizona Heart and Vascular Institute and the Oro Valley Vein Center, which includes the practice of Dr. Budi Bahureksa, has moved to La Cholla Corporate Center, 7620 N. La Cholla Blvd.
• Mealtime Connections leased a 1,980-square-foot space at 6700 N. Oracle Road from 6700 N. Oracle Limited Partnership.
• AlphaGraphics Commercial Printing Services of Tucson obtained certification by the Forest Stewardship Council, which requires members to uphold certain environmental standards for forest sustainability.
• Laura Jestings and Victoria Cortinas have received manager of the year and buyer of the year awards from the Copper Chapter of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing.
• TucsonBizForSale.com, a business brokerage firm, announced its new broker team, which includes Lea Marquez Peterson, John Oberg, Lee Olitzky, and Beverly Hintz.
• Miramonte Homes has begun construction on a 46-lot neighborhood, The Estates at Gladden Farms, with houses starting at $298,900.