The Southern Arizona Home Builders Association recently recognized eight of its members for industry excellence in 2008 during its annual Builder of the Year Awards ceremonies.
The 2008 winners were:
• Builder of the Year (over 150 units): Pulte Homes, accepted by Tucson President Shawn Chlarson
• Builder of the Year (under 150 units): Canoa Homes, accepted by President John Shorbe
• Custom Builder of the Year: C&C Construction, accepted by owner Bud Cardinal
• Remodeler of the Year: Eren Design & Remodel, accepted by owner Janice Donald
• Individual Member of the Year: Charlie Bowles, vice president, Diamond Ventures
• Associate Member of the Year: First American Title, accepted by Bruce Jacobs
• Trade Partner of the Year: Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber, accepted by Gary Erickson
• Sales Manager of the Year: Jill Jones, Lennar
Nominees were judged on criteria that included professionalism, business ethics, product quality, safety, number of units completed/sold, SAHBA participation, community service and professional education, training and certification.
The awards were presented Jan. 16.
SAHBA represents 725 member businesses and 25,000 jobs serving the residential construction industry in Pima, Santa Cruz and Cochise counties.