Wednesday, April 6
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Grand Opening at the College Nannies & Tutors new Learning Center. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; 7619 N. Oracle Rd., #113; free.
Thursday, April 7
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Ribbon Cutting & Tour of Sunset Ridge at Tangerine Crossing. Details: 10 a.m.-noon; 12457 W. Wind Runner Pkwy.; free; 682-4314.
Thursday & Tuesday, April 7 & 12
• AARP offers volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Details: 1-4 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Friday, April 8
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds Marana Chamber 101. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; 5100 W. Ina Rd.; free; 682-4314.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Collaborative Leadership Forum and state legislative update for District 25 and 26. Details: 8-10 a.m.; Northwest YMCA, 7700 N. Shannon Rd.; 682-4314.
Saturday, April 9
• The YWCA holds a Women & Money workshop entitled Protecting Your Future/Leaving a Legacy. Details: 8:30 a.m.-noon; Frances McClelland Leadership Center, 525 N. Bonita Ave.; $50; 884-7810.
• The Arizona Mystery Writers luncheon features guest speakers Tucson detective Ben Jimenez and author Elizabeth Gunn. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $17.50; 624-0792.
Saturday & Tuesday, April 9 & 12
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Saturdays, April 9, 16, 23 & 30
• University of Arizona law student volunteers hold the UA Law Student Legal Referral Clinic. Details: Appointment sign-ups begin at 10 a.m.; Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 594-5500.
Sunday, April 10
• The 2011 Women of Spirit Awards will be held. Details: 2-5 p.m.; J.W. Marriott Starr Pass Resort, 3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd.; $65; 884-7066.
Monday to Thursday, April 11-14
• The Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants (ACPWC) holds a comprehensive wedding planning class. Details: Hotel Arizona, 181 W. Broadway Blvd.; http://acpwc.com/content/index.php/the-school/course-description/86.
Wednesday, April 13
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
Thursday, April 14
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly networking luncheon. Details: 11:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Fox & Hound Restaurant, 7625 N. La Cholla Blvd.; $30, $25 members; 297-2191.