Thursday, Jan. 27
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its Monthly Membership Breakfast. Details: 6:45-8:30 a.m.; El Charro Café, 7725 N. Oracle Rd., #10; $30, $20 members; 297-2191.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: noon-1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; email@example.com.
Saturday, Jan. 29
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds its Bowlers for Diapers fund-raiser. Details: 8:15 a.m.-noon; Golden Pin Lanes, 1010 W. Miracle Mile; $25, $95/4, $160/8; 682-4314.
Saturday & Tuesday, Jan. 29 & Feb. 1
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday; 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Monday, Jan. 31
• The Saguaro Toastmasters meet. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; Ward 6 Council Office at 3203 E. 1st St.; free; 777-7099.
Tuesday, Feb. 1
• The Arizona Small Business Association offers the workshop How to Get Uncle Sam as Your Client, with the latest news on federal contracting and small business certifications for minority, women and veteran-owned businesses. Details: 9-10 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Rd. Suite 262; free; 327-0222.
Tuesdays, Feb. 1-22
• AARP offers volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Details: 1-4 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Wednesday, Feb. 2
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly Networking Breakfast. Details: 7:45-9 a.m.; Colt’s Taste of Texas Steakhouse, 8310 N. Thornydale Rd.; $20, $15 members; 682-4314.
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds an Entrepreneurial Exchange to provide education, networking, and peer mentoring for business owners. Details: 8:30-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Rd. Suite 262; $15, members free; 327-0222.
• TMM Family Services holds a class on Understanding the Home-Buying Process. Details: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; 1550 N. Country Club Rd.; free; 322-9557.
Wednesdays, Feb. 2-23
• AARP offers volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Details: 1-5 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Library, 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; free; free; 594-5200.
Saturday, Feb. 5
• SCORE Business Counseling offers a series of five QuickSTART Workshops for anyone thinking of starting a business. Details: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; 40 N. Swan Suite 118; first session free; 505-3636.