Thursday, Sept. 10
• AD2 Tucson will hold a workshop, "Personal networking in the age of Tweets," for ad professionals ages 21-31. Details: 5-7 p.m.; Art Center Design College, 2525 N. Country Club Road; $25, $15 members/students; 240-7839.
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Canyon Rotary Club meets at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 5:30-7 p.m., 7892 N. Oracle Road; 909-9375.
• Arizona Business Leads of Foothills will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sur Real Restaurant, 3001 E. Skyline Drive; free; 529-2644.
• Long Realty will hold a home buyer's workshop, with information on the $8,000 tax credit for first-time home buyers, foreclosed and short sale properties, and understanding all the steps in buying a home. Details: 6-7 p.m.; 12080 N. Dove Mountain Blvd., Suite 100; free; 360-8224
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking mixer at Grumpy's Bar & Grill. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 2960 W. Ina Road; free; 682-4314.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a monthly networking luncheon. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; $28, $25 members; 297-2191.
• National Association of Retired and Veteran Railway Employees, Inc. will meet at Hometown Buffet. Details: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; 5101 N. Oracle Road; $10; 296-9490 or 733-9291.
Saturday, Sept. 12
• Learn the fine points of mystery writing with story ideas, genres and the origin of mystery writing at the monthly meeting of the Arizona Mystery Writers. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Hometown Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Road; $17.50, $12.50 members; 744-9589.
• TMM Family Services will hold a class, "Managing Your Money and Maintaining Your Home." Details: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 3127 E. Adams Street; free; 322-9557.
Saturday & Wednesday, Sept. 12 & 16
• SCORE Business Counseling for small business owners or anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon by appointment; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Sept. 15
• The American Advertising Federation of Tucson will hold the seventh annual Hispanic Marketing Educational Series - "Take 'Juan' and Call me in the Morning." Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Westin La Paloma, 3800 E. Sunrise Drive; $47, $37 members; 326-1060.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a Mix "N" Match Mixer. Details: 4-6 p.m.; Splendido, 13358 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $8, $5 members/guests; 297-2191.
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold a Fast & Curious networking mixer. Details: 8-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Road, #261; free; 327-0222.
Wednesday, Sept. 16
• Arizona Business Leads of NW Tucson will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Metropolitan Grill, 7892 N. Oracle Road; free; 531-1212.
• Arizona Business Leads of North Tucson will meet. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Mimi's Café, 4420 N. Oracle Road; free; 574-1826.
• Harry S. Lodge & Associates will hold a class on effective discipline and documentation of disciplinary action for remediation and termination. Details: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; 6117 E. Grant Road; $99; 733-1112, ext. 108.
• TMM offers education and counseling on the home buying process. Details: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; 3127 E. Adams Street; free; 322-9557.
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold a networking seminar for small office or home office businesses. Details: 8:30-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Road, #261; $20, members free; 327-0222.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a Business Builder Workshop, How to Use Social Media to Build Your Brand and Business. Details: 8-10 a.m.; Ventana Medical Systems, 1910 E. Innovation Park Drive, $20, $10 members/guests in advance; 297-2191.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a New Member Orientation. Details: 9-10 a.m.; Hilton El Conquistador Resort; 10000 N Oracle Road; free; 297-2191.