Thursday, Jan. 14
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly membership luncheon with guest speaker Jeff Jones from the Strategic Success Group. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; $35, $25 members; 297-2191.
• The Gateway Business Alliance of Tucson and Pima Community College will sponsor "Buy, Rent or Lease - An Entrepreneurship Workshop" for anyone considering starting a business or operating an established business. Details: 6-8 p.m.; College Place, 1601 N. Oracle Road; free; www.gbatucson.com or 509-3917.
• Tucson Home Rescue Fair will be held to help families facing foreclosure identify the best solutions with HUD approved counselors and attorneys. Details: 1-7 p.m.; Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 4550 S. Palo Verde Blvd.; free; 882-0018.
Friday, Jan. 15
• Tucson Foothills Rotary Club will meet at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 12 noon; 7892 N. Oracle Road.
Friday to Tuesday, Jan. 15-19
• Free GED classes, preparation and tutoring will be provided by Pima County Public Library tutors with adult education certifications, and will be taught in English for students ages 16 and older. Details: 4-7 p.m. Monday; 4:45-7:45 p.m. Tuesday; 1-4 p.m. Friday; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Branch Library, 7800 N. Schisler Road; free; 594-5200.
Saturday and Wednesday, Jan. 16 & 20
• Score Business Counseling will offer one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
Sunday, Jan. 17
• Society of Southwestern Authors will meet for writers of all genres, published or seeking to become published. Details: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Fourpoints Sheraton, 1900 E. Speedway Blvd.; $25 (includes lunch); 546-9382.
Monday, Jan. 18
• The Tucson Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC/Tucson) will assemble Operation Deep Freeze comfort kits for the homeless at a brown-bag lunch meeting. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; BIO5 Institute, 1657 E. Helen Street; www.iabctucson.com.