Thursday, Aug. 19
• YES Network’s Leadership Training Institute offers a free workshop on “Understanding Work Teams.” This session will cover information to explain the fundamentals of teams and how teams can work together more effectively. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; 870 W. Miracle Mile building 3; free, but registration is required; 297-0702.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds its monthly luncheon at Oasis at Wild Horse Ranch. Details: 11:15 a.m.; 6801 Camino Verde; $25, $20 members; 682-4314.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds a mix ‘n’ match mixer. Details: 5-7 p.m.; Gallery Golf Club, 14000 N. Dove Mountain Blvd.; $10, $5 members; 297-2191.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners holds a mixer. Details: 4-7 p.m.; 434 S. Williams Blvd., Suite 102; www.nawbotucson.org
• H&R Block holds a career fair for multiple seasonal openings tax professionals, managers, and assistants. Details: 9a.m.-8 p.m.; Doubletree Hotel, 445 S. Alvernon Way; www.hrblock.com.
Friday, Aug. 20
• Metropolitan Pima Alliance meets for its monthly breakfast. Topics range from policy issues, to economic issues to community issues relevant to all industries. Details: 7:15-9 a.m.; Tucson Association of Realtors, 2445 N. Tucson Blvd.; $35, $25 members; Michael@mpaaz.org.
Saturday, Aug. 21
• The La Paloma College Preparation Family Workshop is held with presentations on the benefits of post secondary education, steps toward post secondary education, available financial aid and completing college applications. Details: 1-3 p.m.; La Paloma Family Services Training Center, 870 W. Miracle Mile; free; 398-5480.
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Monday, Aug. 23
• The Saguaro Toastmasters communication and leadership program meets. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; 3202 E. 1st St., Ward 6 Council Office, large conference room; free; 777-7099.
Wednesday, Aug. 25
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds an LED Briefing with guest speaker Chief S. Jeff Piechura, Northwest Fire District, about the plans for the upcoming fiscal year. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Rd.; free; 682-4314.