Thursday, Aug. 27
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual meeting breakfast. Details: 7 a.m.; Hotel El Conquistador, 10000 N. Oracle Road; $23, $20 members; 297-2191.
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Canyon Rotary Club meets at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 5:30-7 p.m., 7892 N. Oracle Road; 909-9375.
• Arizona Business Leads of Foothills will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sur Real Restaurant, 3001 E. Skyline Drive; free; 529-2644.
• Long Realty will hold a first-time homebuyers' workshop covering the steps to buying a home, the $8,000 tax credit, and more. Details: 6-7 p.m.; 12080 N. Dove Mountain Blvd., Suite 100; free but reservations required; 360-8224.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a Networking Mixer at Bedroxx. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 4385 W. Ina Road; $10; 682-4314.
Friday, Aug. 28
• Continuing education course for CPAs and attorneys, The Fundamentals of Financial Calculations webinar, will be held. Details: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; $54.99; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Sept. 1
• Local professional communicator and graphic designer Julie Ray will guide you through social networking such as Twitter. Bring a laptop or mobile device. Details: 6-8 p.m.; Himmel Park Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave.; free; 594-5305.
Wednesday, Sept. 2
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking breakfast at Colt's Taste of Texas Steakhouse. Details: 7:15 a.m.; 8310 N. Thornydale Road; $20, $15 members; 682-4314.
• Arizona Business Leads of NW Tucson will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Metropolitan Grill, 7892 N. Oracle Road; free; 531-1212.
• Tucson Business Connection will hold its monthly networking mixer. Details: 5-7:30 p.m.; Pearl, 445 W. Wetmore; free admission; 229-1415.