Thursday, Aug. 11
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Better Business Bureau holds a Breakfast Orientation for new or long-time members. Details: 8-9 a.m.; 434 S. Williams Blvd., Ste. 102; free; 888-6161.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its Monthly Networking Luncheon. Details: noon-1:30 p.m.; Fox & Hound Restaurant, 7625 N. La Cholla Blvd.; $30, $20 members; 297-2191.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: noon-1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; email@example.com.
Friday, Aug. 12
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds the 2011 Collaborative Leadership Forum: Southern Arizona Economic Profile. Details: 8-10 a.m.; Northwest YMCA, 7770 N. Shannon Rd.; 682-4314.
• The Joel D. Valdez Main Library offers a Grants Databases Open Lab. Details: 2-4 p.m.; 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 791-4010.
• The Oro Valley Public Library offers a Facilitated Gathering for Job Seekers presented by former executive recruiter Beth Cole. Details: 3-4 p.m.; 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Saturday & Tuesday, Aug. 13 & 16
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
• The Rotary Club of Marana meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Nana’s Kitchen, 8225 N. Courtney Page Way; 395-2508 or www.maranarotary.org.
• The AAF Tucson monthly luncheon features the theme Getting Paid to Wear T-shirts? Wish I’d Thought of That! Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; The Manning House, Silverbell Ballroom, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $20-$50; 326-1060.
• NARI holds its monthly dinner meeting. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; The Solar Store, 2833 N. Country Club Rd.; free; 310-3386.
Thursday, Aug. 18
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce monthly luncheon features guest speaker Clayton C. Hamilton. Details: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.; Omni Tucson National, Papago Room, 2727 W. Club Dr.; $30, $25 members; 682-4314.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its Monthly Membership Mixer. Details: 5-7 p.m.; Harvest Restaurant, 10355 N. La Cañada Dr., Ste. 141; $10, $5 members; 297-2191.
• Arizona Theatre Company and Local First Arizona hold a networking mixer. Details: 5-6:45 p.m.; Temple of Music and Art, Temple Lounge, 330 S. Scott Ave.; free; 884-8210 ext. 8201.
Saturday, Aug. 20
• SCORE Business Counseling offers an Introduction to Accounting for Small Businesses. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; Bluespan Networks, 40 N. Swan Rd., Suite 118; $25; 505-3636.